Who we are
Information We Collect
Information We Collect and Receive
In order for you to use our Site and Services, we need to collect and process certain types of information. Depending on your use of our Site and Services, this may include:
- Information you provide to us by completing forms on our website: For example, your name, contact, and address information, and any other information you may provide in the forms on our website;
- Information you provide to us by contacting us: Any personal information you may provide to us when you email or call us, such as name, phone number, employer, and any other details you provide in your communications. Kigo may also request your contact information for the purposes of having someone contact you for additional information, or in response to your request for information from us;
- Transaction information when you make transactions with our Services: For example, if you redeem loyalty points for a digital asset, we may use your loyalty program data for redemption purposes and account validation purposes;
- Transaction records: Redemption and transfer data about your account use when you use your account and related digital asset data,
- Login information, such as username, password, date last logged in, date account created, and password reset history, that you may use in connection with our Services;
- Referral information, including the source that referred you to Kigo, and referrals made by you;
- Information you use to connect to our Services using third-party accounts;
- Information you provide when entering a sweepstakes, contest, promotion, survey, or poll;
- Wallet information including blockchain address;
- Information about products or services purchased from one of our merchant partners;
- Information about your activity through our Services, including your device information, such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the Site
- We will only use personal information to provide you with information, services you have requested, or for other purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information does not include aggregate information from which individual identities have been removed.
Information from Children: Kigo does not knowingly solicit or collect any personal information from anyone under 13 years of age, and children under 13 are not permitted to register for or use our Site or Services, including by subscribing to receive information from Kigo. Parents can contact our customer service department to access, change, or delete the personal information that has been submitted by a child. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it.
- Recognize you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- Support security and any authentication features on our website;
- Obtain information about your preferences and use of our website;
- Carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, and Services, and to help us better understand our customers’ requirements;
- Improve the speed and performance of our website and Services;
- Make your online experience more enjoyable and efficient; and
- Keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process.
Types of Cookies
The cookies we place on your device fall into one of the following two categories:
- Session cookies: these allow our website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
- Persistent cookies: these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our website to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
The cookies that we place on your device may also be:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our website and use its features. Without these cookies, we could not provide you with the Services you have requested.
- Performance cookies: these cookies collect information about how you use our website, for example, which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our website works.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action, and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
You can opt-out of online behavioral advertising cookies and similar technologies by using the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Tool available here, or if located in the European Union you can make your choices here. Please note you may continue to receive generic ads.
Your browser may give you the ability to control some types of cookies. If you do not want to accept the kinds of cookies you can control, you can change your browser settings so that certain types of cookies are not accepted. To control flash cookies, which cannot be disabled through your browser, please go to: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
If you turn off any cookies, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For more information about cookies and how to disable them please check one or more of the following resources: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
How We Use Information
Kigo may use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To deliver our Services;
- To allow you to log into and access your account;
- To provide customer service and our support services;
- To process any transactions you make on our Site;
- To deliver you digital assets, and identify opportunities for offers;
- To keep your information secure such as by detecting security incidents, and to be able to verify your identity and contact information;
- To alert you about product updates, digital asset delivery, contests, sweepstakes, surveys, promotions, special offers, updated information, and other news and services from Kigo;
- To ensure our Site and Services are relevant to you and your interests;
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you; and
- To contact you in response to sign up forms or requests on our website.
How Information May Be Shared
Kigo does not sell or rent any of your personal information, and we do not share your personal information publicly without your consent. However, we may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect our Services. Whenever we share data with third-party services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do.
We also reserve the right to disclose personal information when it is reasonably necessary to conduct our business, protect Kigo’s legal rights and property, and to comply with the law. Otherwise, your personal information is not shared with any individual or other organization.
Protection of your Personal Information
We take the security of your personal information seriously
, and follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and process. Kigo has therefore put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information that Kigo collects. Access to personal information will be restricted to our authorized personnel who require the information in order to perform their duties properly. In addition, access will be limited to only that information that is strictly necessary for the performance of those duties.
Remember, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of the Site or Services, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so Kigo cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Email and Mobile Device Notifications
We try to keep email communications to a minimum
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to perform the relevant processing activity for that information, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. The relevant retention period is determined on a case-by-case basis because it depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected, why it is processed, and any relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, we may retain your data for as long as you are a customer of ours so that we may process and complete any orders you may make with us. We may also be required to hold some types of information to fulfill legal purposes. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. When the relevant processing activity has been completed, we may destroy your data, or alternatively anonymize the data, such that the data is not personally identifiable.
Personal Information Requests – California Residents
Users or Site visitors residing in California are afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights may include 1) The ability to request a copy of the information we have collected about you during the previous 12 months, as well as the right to review our data collection practices related to you (a “Personal Information Request”); 2) The ability to request deletion of your personal information; and 3) The right not to be discriminated against due to your exercise of any of the preceding rights. While these rights are not globally applicable, our customers are entitled to access the personal information that we hold about them. To ensure that your personal information is accurate and complete, please contact us through the email address below regarding any errors or updates affecting the personal information that we may hold.
You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that we hold about you. Residents of California may also designate an authorized agent to exercise certain privacy rights on their behalf
, and should make any such request by contacting the above email address. To protect your privacy and security, Kigo may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to, correcting, or deleting data. We will generally respond to your request for information within 45 days, unless, for reasons beyond our control, a longer response time is necessary, in which case, you will be advised accordingly. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
Questions, Comments, or Complaints